Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Dreams Are Said To Be The Pathway To Thy True Self; I Fight Cheetahs With Fruit Punch


I don't even think this entry needs an introduction.


So, for some reason, my family had relocated to some tiny country in Africa. Because we had lost all of the conveniences of the United States, we were put into a training class in order to learn how to farm. This included a seminar on irrigaiton. Unforunately, this seminar did not last long enough.


Right as we got into the good stuff, a team made up of a male lion and a cheetah came strolling into the camp, knowing full well that we had no way to arm ourselves against any sort of wild animal attack. So, of course, everyone is in a panic.


This is when I realize my dad is nowhere to be found in the seminar. I realize this because he pulls up in a golf cart and begins to take down the lion bare handed. At some point in our trip, it had escaped my mind that he became a big game wrangler. So, this leaves me to deal with the cheetah.


My only response is to throw something at it. The only thing I have in my hand is the Big Gulp of fruit punch I brought with me from the U.S., so I throw it promptly. This hits the cheetah, and (this is the most realistic part of the dream) this does not deter the ravenous predator from futher advancing. The cheetah pounces.


And once he lands on me, he pulls out, from behind his back, a huge ball of yarn. I try to get up, but the cheetah pins me down and hands me the ball of yarn. Apparently, I am not allowed up because I am forced to play a game of yarn-ball with it.


Then I wake up.

1 comment: